Sunday, August 7, 2011

Playing with Zentangle

My first zentangle

I was thinking about taking a zentangle class, and then a conversation started about zentangle on the stamping forum on twopeasinabucket.com.  I decided to go ahead and try it myself first to see if I would enjoy it.   I read up on the subject at www.zentangle.com .  They say, "With Zentangle, anyone can create beautiful images from repetitive patterns."  It is fun and relaxing!  And I don't even pretend to know how to draw.  That's why I like rubber stamping so much; the drawing is already done for me.  But zentangle is a series of repetitive strokes, easy strokes!  The zentangle above is my first attempt.  I learned the patterns from the zentangle website.  I looked under their Newsletters tab and a few of the patterns actually had video demonstrations.  Tips on shading were particularly helpful!  The patterns (or tangles) I used above from top left to bottom right are mooka, betweed, cadent, (un-named filler of circles/dots), and paradox.  I think I will definitely try this again!  I hope you'll give it a try too.  There is lots of good information at the zentangle website linked above.

1 comment:

Sharanda said...

Wow, that's pretty awesome...and interesting! I've never heard of zentangle before. {tfs}